Summary: This role will have responsibility in multiple areas of Human Resources including Benefits, On-boarding, Off-boarding, administration and maintenance of benefits plans and programs (e.g., medical, dental, life and disability insurance). Provides counseling and information to employees and managers regarding benefits programs and policies. Additionally, this role maintains employee records and database, and resolves benefit issues, to ensure employee coverage is accurate and up-to-date. Evaluates and negotiates contracts with providers and works with external vendors to administer benefits systems and programs.
- Assists with administering benefit programs by maintaining employee records and database, to ensure that all data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Serves as liaison between employees and benefit companies, to ensure that proper coverage is provided for employees.
- Develops employee communications, including announcements, booklets, pamphlets, meetings, seminars, and hot lines, to promote employee understanding of benefit programs.
- Resolves employee questions and problems regarding benefits by researching benefit policies and procedures, providing answers to questions and resolutions to problems.
- Coordinates and manages new employee on-boarding and orientation.
- Coordinates employee off-boarding and employee exit interviews.
- Provides local support for the summer intern program.
- Analyzes and communicates employee engagement survey data.
- Utilizes HRMS software and/or 3rd Party Vendor to effectively manage the day-to-day processing of employee benefits change
- Updates voluntary and involuntary deductions for appropriate payroll cycle(s) by data entry into HRMS system and/or 3rd Party Vendor.
- Follows documentation and assist in maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Reports concerns to Supervisor and/or Manager when issues are identified and/or escalated.
- Ensures employee confidentiality by following set policies and procedures, to meet all organizational compliance and ethics standards.
- Attends educational workshops, and reviews professional publications, to improve benefits administration job knowledge.
- Supports local HR team with various administrative tasks. Attends educational workshops, and reviews professional publications, to improve benefits administration job knowledge.
Position requires a service oriented individual with a high level of integrity, maturity and personal standards. Must be assertive, positive, approachable, and project a professional image in action and appearance. Must handle confidential information and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
In addition, the following is required:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience within a corporate human resources function.
- Proficient in administering and working with HRMS systems.
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills along with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to take initiative, problem-solve during ambiguous situations, use sound judgment, and maintain flexibility and composure during change.
- Demonstrated ability to work at a varied pace, adhere to schedules and deadlines, prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think “outside-the-box” and contribute innovative ideas and suggestions to the team.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite including work experience creating professional level documents, presentations and flyers.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods as well as use of office equipment such as fax and copy machines, and telephones.
- Periods of heavy workload requiring extended working hours.
- Minimal travel required
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.This position requires work in an office environment with significant use of a computer and ability to communicate with employees in person, over the phone, and via email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com