J. Smith Lanier & Co.
The main goal of this Administrative Assistant position is to assist the production, claims, and administrative teams in the servicing of new and existing accounts.
Areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist various departments with filing, data entry, special projects, etc.
- Assist with Certificates of Insurance
- Basic file maintenance
- Assist with the preparation of applications
- Prepare Loss Summaries
- Assist with audits & Experience Mod evaluations
- Work & assist with customer policy endorsements and ID cards
- Assist with mail processing, scanning, and distribution
- Monitor Carrier Websites for document updates
- Work with Claims Analyst on claim follow-ups and obtaining police reports
- Provide back-up support to Administrative Team & Office Coordinator as needed
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Business Insurance Property & Casualty insurance experience preferred
- Must have Resident State Agents License (P&C) or obtain within 90 days of employment
- Must learn Agency Management Computer System (Sagitta & ImageRight)
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and customer service skills
- Multi-tasked and detail oriented with ability to self-check for accuracy
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have excellent written communications and ability to develop business letters
- Able to research and analyze problems independently with ability to prioritize duties
- Excellent computer skills and proficient with MS Office applications
END GOAL FOR THIS POSITION:
Employee will develop knowledge and cultivate their skills to advance to Assistant Account Manager or similar role within Business Insurance or other department. Based on personal development and opportunities, advancement could be within 12–18 months or more.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to:
Maggie Herman, Director of Human Resources
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org