Website J. Smith Lanier & Co.
Areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and achieve sales volume consistent with sales projections.
- Actively generate new leads through community activities, attending association meetings, cold calls, and other methods. Develop leads into prospects and clients.
- Maintain and grow surety business focusing on the construction industry to build long term relationships.
- Maintain sense of urgency and work with time restraints to meet customers and prospects needs and requests.
- Responsible for collection of all premiums.
- Maintain production reports and attend sales meetings as required.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Actively participate in various Construction Industry associations.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by the Managing Director.
- Pursue a program for personal and professional development.
- Minimum 3 years Bond experience including financial analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance preferred
- Successful sales record in surety industry greatly valued
- Must have resident state agents license.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Strong technical abilities and comfort in learning new technologies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proactive attitude toward customer service and relationship building skills are essential
- Independent professional individual who is energetic, goal oriented and motivated to succeed
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, as well as effective group presentations
- Ability to lead others and able to adapt with a wide variety of personalities