J. Smith Lanier & Co., a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC company
Daily and Month-end Tasks
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and review journal entries
- Assist with budget analysis
- Reconcile payroll to accounting system.
Liaise with Auditors (SOX, Internal and D&T)
- Participate in on site visits of audit teams and provide teams the appropriate requested information
- Review audit reports and assist in implementation of remediation plans.
Finance systems and processes
- Strong experience in use of MS Office package (esp. MS Excel) as a must
- Schedule/Type: Full-time
- Travel: 0%
- Salary: Salary exempt
- Location: West Point, GA
- Benefits: Health, dental, vision, 401k, life, std/ltd, etc.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and may be a contact with external vendors. The candidate must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required unless otherwise noted:
- Successful work history to include 5+ years of experience in a professional office setting directly related to job responsibilities specified above, with progressively greater responsibility for making administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License & have reliable transportation
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment. .
- Travel may be required. Travel consists of 1 – 2 overnight trips per year covering areas both in and out of state. In addition, 1 – 2 days per week are spent visiting other offices within the state.
- Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs. /day) required on occasion due to attendance and participation at networking and industry functions that begin well before the workday, and may extend well into the evening.
- Sit for long periods of time
- Stand, walk, move about the facility, bend, stoop, and climb stairs
- Demonstrate sufficient hand, arm and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Reach above shoulder height, below the waist, and lift to file documents or store materials; lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and over the phone
- Read words and numbers; maintain visual ability including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and to adjust focus
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality
- Able to pay attention to details; able to concentrate; interact professionally, cooperatively and productively; perform in a manner that prevents errors and omissions
- Tolerate a constant, moderate noise level
- Work independently; carry out assignments to completion within parameters of general instructions, prescribed routines and standard practices
- Tolerate high levels of stress and a stressful work environment; meet multiple deadlines consistently.
These job requirements are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org