Website J. Smith Lanier & Co., a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC company
Areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and achieve maximum sales volume consistent with sales projections.
- Obtain new customers for JSL and build long term relationships with these customers, as well as any assigned customers, to foster solid retention.
- Actively generate new leads through community activities, attending association meetings, cold calls, obtaining expiration dates and other information to turn leads into prospects and clients.
- Submit data on potential accounts and renewals to support team for processing, market the account, present proposals to prospects and clients, close sale, follow up with applicable documents.
- Responsible for collection of all premiums, including audits made subsequent to policy issuance, on all new accounts produced.
- Handle complex processing and claim situations with client and/or company personnel.
- Maintain production reports and attend sales meetings as required.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending company training meetings on new products.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by the Managing Director.
- Pursue a program for personal and professional development.
- Four year bachelor’s degree, preferably business related, preferred.
- Prefer experienced producer that has handled a book size of $400k in revenue. Broker is willing to discuss buying any accounts that follow the producer.
- Successful sales record, either in insurance industry or other industry, greatly valued
- Must have resident agent license or obtain within 60 days of employment
- Independent, professional individual who is highly motivated to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal and proactive customer service skills are essential
- Able to research and analyze problems independently
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, as well as effective group presentations
- Ability to lead others and able to adapt with a wide variety of personalities
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to:
Director of Recruitment, SE Region
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com