Website J. Smith Lanier & Co., a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC Company
Summary: This position is for a seasoned professional individual contributor in Talent Acquisition who works independently with minimal supervision. The purpose of this job is to provide full life-cycle recruiting expertise for all levels of experienced/professional hiring needs including job posting, resume review, cold-calling, candidate interviewing, applicant tracking and new hire selection. Responsible for setting minimum standards in determining the appropriate slate of candidates and making recommendations to the hiring manager as to the best qualified candidates.
- Develops and implements talent acquisition strategy that supports business objectives.
- Develops, evaluates, administers and manages the external and internal recruitment processes and/or internal transfer processes and programs.
- Sources, recruits, interviews, and recommends candidates for all open positions including executive roles.
- Consults and partners with hiring managers/business leaders and human resources to implement the talent acquisition process and understand the talent acquisition strategy for hiring needs for all lines of business(s) (LOBs) or business group(s).
- Provides recruiting expertise and guidance to business leadership within the organization.
- Acts as a true advisor and consultant to the business and identifies passive candidates by direct sourcing, cold-calling, strategic sourcing for hiring managers and leaders.
- Sets minimum standards in determining the appropriate slate of candidates and makes recommendations to the hiring manager as to the best qualified candidates.
- Identifies and utilizes cost effective targeted sourcing strategies such as prospecting non-active job seekers, screening methods and selection tools for the recruiting process to effectively build and maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates; reduces search firm utilization.
- Participates in regional and national business leader and human resource meetings as required.
- Participates in industry events for networking and pipeline building.
- Oversees campus recruiting activities.
- Acts as a key liaison with search firms and research firms.
- Ensures a consistently positive and professional experience for each candidate by managing the candidate expectations and timing from selection to offer acceptance: regularly updates the candidate by phone or email and notifies of selection process and next steps; provides timely feedback to the candidate regarding status in the hiring process.
- Maintains applicant tracking database integrity and follows national recruiting policy and processes and all applicable laws.
- Converts candidates to the appropriate status in applicant tracking system throughout the talent acquisition process to ensure accurate reporting.
Position requires a service oriented individual with a high level of integrity, maturity and personal standards. Must be assertive, positive, approachable, and project a professional image in action and appearance. Must handle confidential information and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
In addition, the following is required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years of recruiting experience in a corporate recruiting and/or search firm environment responsible for all aspects of the recruiting process, including sourcing, selection and interviewing
- Experience with applicant tracking systems and HRMS
- Knowledgeable of recruiting best practices
- Recruiting experience in a search firm or third party environment; sales experience considered
- Insurance, HR Consulting or Professional Services Industry preferred
- Will have established contacts/relationships in the marketplace for candidate lead generation
- Previous success in direct sourcing, cold-calling and identifying non-active qualified job seekers to hiring managers
- Excellent planning, organizational and facilitation skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Client service driven with strong organizational and project management skills
- LinkedIn Recruiter license and other networking sites
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills along with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to take initiative, problem-solve during ambiguous situations, use sound judgment, and maintain flexibility and composure during change.
- Demonstrated ability to work at a varied pace, adhere to schedules and deadlines, prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think “outside-the-box” and contribute innovative ideas and suggestions to the team.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite including work experience creating professional level documents, presentations and flyers.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods as well as use of office equipment such as fax and copy machines, and telephones.
- Periods of heavy workload requiring extended working hours.
- Minimal travel required
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.This position requires work in an office environment with significant use of a computer and ability to communicate with employees in person, over the phone, and via email.
This position requires work in an office environment with significant use of a computer and ability to communicate with employees in person, over the phone, and via email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com